Guys! I think I’m the last knitter in the world to start a Find Your Fade, but I’ve finally done it! I bought the pattern way back when it was released in December 2016, but I had a hard time finding my perfect fade. During madelinetosh’s annual sale in January, I spotted the Lamplighter Fade set on Tosh Merino Light and snatched it up! It’s only 5 colors, so I’m modifying the pattern a bit to accommodate this and also make it a bit smaller. It’s not turning out as “fade-y” as I was hoping, but I still really like it so far! Here’s what I’ve completed!
The colorways don’t have names as far as I can tell, so I can’t list them. Here are the next 3 color I’ll be melting into:
I’m finding this knit to be very meditative, which I’ve needed lately. I have a laundry list of things I want to make, but for some reason I wasn’t feeling anything but this. So I put needles to yarn and I’m really happy I did! You can see my notes and follow my progress on my project page!
I’m not into watching all the podcasts like a lot of knitters seem to be. Nothing against them, I just get a bit overloaded with content. But I do watch a few, and wool needles hands is one of them! I just love Tayler’s laid back style, the amazing info she gives, and the gorgeous yarn she dyes! Tayler recently did a Knit Life Survey vlog, which I loved, and I really wanted to fill one out myself! So here goes!
- What sparked your interest in knitting? My Nana knit beautiful afghans for her 3 grandchildren when we were babies. I used to watch her knit and became fascinated!
- How and when did you learn to knit? I was somewhere in the range of 7 to 9 years old when my Nana first handed me a set of (huge, awkward, metal) needles and some acrylic yarn. I knit a few lumpy, hole-riddled squares before putting it down until sometime in college (8 or so years ago), when I picked it back up… the rest is history!
- What is your favorite cast on method? Long-tail!
- What is your favorite type of knitting design element? Is garter stitch a design element? 😉 Brioche for sure!
- What is your favorite project you have ever knit? The sweater I knit my husband because I am so proud of it!
- How many projects are in your Ravelry queue? 63, but I try to keep it under 50.
- What is your favorite weight of yarn to work with? Worsted!
- What was your first knitting project? Some type of scarf, but I don’t remember exactly which one.
- What is the longest time you have had a half-finished project in hibernation? What is it and when did you cast on? Do you still want to finish it? My longest project in hibernation is a tie for my husband. I cast it on in April 2016 and yes, I actually do want to finish it! Maybe for our anniversary in May! Fingers crossed 🙂
- What is the largest project you have ever knit? The sweater mentioned above.
- What is the worst and just overall bad, didn’t work out thing you ever knit? I don’t finish things that are that bad, but there were some iffy hats back when I started knitting hats (there is no longer evidence! haha)
- What is your favorite kind of project to make (socks, sweaters, shawls… etc)? Hats for sure!
- What is your favorite type of fiber to work with? Wool. I love BFL and merino most!
- Are you a self proclaimed yarn snob? Nope, I don’t mind a little acrylic mixed in. And I’m very conscious that not everyone can afford quality yarns and that’s okay. Knit what you like!
- What is your dream knitting retreat or fiber festival to attend? Edin Yarn Fest!
- What is the oldest yarn in your stash? Some Noro I bought probably 7-8 years ago.
- Are you a gifty knitter or a selfish knitter? Mostly selfish but I love knitting gifts if I want to!
- What do you like to watch or listen to while you knit? True crime or knitting podcasts or binge Netflix (Grey’s, Friends, The Office…)
- 0Do you prefer wood or metal needles? Metal for socks, wood for everything else!
- Is there a pattern or project that you have knit more than one time? Garter Ear Flap Hat by Purl Soho 🙂
- Do you have any other hobbies? Yes! Weaving, sewing, cooking, hiking, and I just love making in general.
- What is your favorite snack? Chocolate or anything sweet!
- What is your favorite color? Grey
- Do you have pets? If so tell us about them… Two sweet pups – Molly & Louise! They’re both mutts from the shelter. Yin and Yang. We love them!
- Last but not least……coffee or tea? Both! I love a good latte or a cup of English breakfast tea with lots of milk & sugar. Also sweet tea, cause I’m from the South 😉