Thanks for your interest in the Any Hat KAL, hosted by me on Instagram! I hope you’ll join in the fun! Below is some information you need to know in order to be eligible for prizes! It’s a very relaxed and fun knit-along, so don’t take it too seriously! 😉
- Knit a hat (any hat)! WIPs are okay, but please don’t be more than halfway through the hat before September 1.
- Snap photos of your progress and post them on Instagram using #anyhatkal2018 – please note that sometimes photos get excluded from hashtags for one reason or another. Click the hashtag to make sure yours appears. If it doesn’t, share your post with me via DM by clicking the “paper airplane” below the photo and sending it to me (@theknitpicky). I will make sure you’re included in the prize giveaway for that week! If your account is private, I will not be able to see your photos! If this is the case, please DM me with a screenshot of your post and I will add you to be eligible for prizes!
- Only one post per week per person will count – this is to keep it fair for everyone!
- Unfortunately, due to high shipping costs, physical KAL prizes are only available to US and Canada residents. Everyone else is still eligible for digital (pattern) prizes, so please join in!
- I will be randomly giving away at least one prize each week, based on those who post using the hashtag during that week! There will also be a grand prize at the end and anyone who has participated will be eligible!
- Prizes include YARN, stitch markers, patterns from some awesome designers, and more!
- This year, each finished hat will be put into a drawing for a special prize at the end – this is in addition to the grand prize for participating!
OTHER STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Feel free to tag me if you need help or have question; I’ll do my best!
- Check the hashtag to see what others are making and cheer each other on!
- KAL runs September 1-30 and is not associated with Instagram in any way.
- I will be reposting some of my favorite finished objects – if you use the hashtag, you are consenting for me to repost your photos (public accounts only) – with credit, of course!
I can’t wait to knit a hat (or three) with my virutal knitting friends! Keep an eye out for some pre-KAL chat & maybe even a prize! 😉